Relays and Monitoring
WITH MACROMATIC YOU’LL HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL
For over 35 years we’ve been providing superior quality industrial control and monitoring products. We offer an extensive family of products, including Three-Phase Monitor Relays, Alternating Relays, Time Delay Relays, Pump Seal Failure Relays, Voltage Monitor Relays, Current Monitor Relays and Intrinsically Safe Relays. Serving numerous industries world-wide, our application solutions have covered standard, modified standard and custom-engineered controls.
superior quality industrial control and monitoring products. We offer an extensive family of products, including Three-Phase Monitor Relays, Alternating Relays, Time Delay Relays, Pump Seal Failure Relays, Voltage Monitor Relays, Current Monitor Relays and Intrinsically Safe Relays.
Phase Monitor Relays
Phase Monitor Relays are sometimes called 3 Phase Monitors, Three Phase Monitor Relays, Phase Loss Relays, Single Phase Relays, Phase Sequence Relays, Protective Relays, Motor Protection Relays or Phase Failure Relays. They provide motor protection against premature equipment failure caused by voltage faults on 3 Phase systems. These devices are designed to be compatible with most Wye or Delta systems. In Wye systems, a connection to a neutral is not required. Phase Monitor Relays protect against unbalanced voltages or single phasing regardless of any regenerative voltages.
Alternating Relays from Macromatic
Alternating Relays are used in special applications where the optimization of load usage is required by equalizing the run time of multiple loads. They are also used where additional capacity is required in case of excess load requirements.
Macromatic offers two types of Alternating Relays:
- Duplex: for controlling two loads–available in three output configurations: SPDT, DPDT and DPDT cross-wired
- Triplex: standard version operates as normal triplexor to control three loads; optional version has 8 position rotary switch to allow either triplex or duplex operation in anticipation of future needs
Time Delay Relays from Macromatic
Macromatic offers a wide variety of time delay relays (sometimes referred to as timing relays or timers). First choose the type of mounting configuration required for your application and then select from a variety of functions, time setting methods & output configurations:
- Plug-in: used with 8 or 11 pin octal sockets. Allows for easy replacement without having to remove any control wiring. Macromatic sockets can either be mounted on 35mm DIN track or to the panel with two screws. All Macromatic plug-in time delay relays are UL Component Recognized (UR) & most are UL Listed when used with the appropriate Macromatic socket.
- Encapsulated: typically selected when low-cost and/or compact size is preferred. Also used when solid state output is required for high-duty cycle applications. All products are encapsulated for protection against harsh environments. All Macromatic encapsulated time delay relays are UL Component Recognized (UR).
- 1/16 DIN: normally selected when the application calls for accessibility of the display and/or switches without opening the panel door. The product is mounted in the door and uses back-mounted sockets for wiring. However, they can also be base or track-mounted using a standard octal socket. All Macromatic 1/16 DIN time delay relays are UL Listed.
Plug-in Voltage Monitor Relays
Voltage Monitor Relays monitor either AC single phase (50-60Hz) or DC voltages to protect equipment against voltage fault conditions. No separate supply (input) voltage is required on any Macromatic Voltage Monitor Relay. All versions are available in a compact plug-in case utilizing an 8 pin octal socket.
Macromatic offers two styles of Voltage Monitor Relays:
- Overvoltage/Undervoltage Relays–provides protection to equipment where either an over voltage or under voltage condition is potentially damaging. When used as an under voltage relay, they provide protection to equipment that is required to operate above a minimum voltage. When used as an over voltage relay, they protect equipment against excessive voltage conditions. Over/Under Voltage Relays are designed to operate when the operating voltage reaches a preset value and drop-out when the operating voltage drops to a level below the preset value.
- Voltage Band Relays–provides protection to equipment that is required to operate within an upper & lower voltage limit. As long as the operating voltage remains within an OVER & UNDER voltage range, the internal relay stays energized. If the operating voltage falls outside this range, the relay will drop-out.
Current Sensing Relays from Macromatic
Macromatic offers a wide variety of AC current sensing relays (sometimes referred to as current monitor relays). They be used in several applications where protection of sensitive or expensive equipment against over or under current conditions is required, such as detecting (sensing) conveyor jam-up conditions, machine tool wear, no load conditions or monitoring status of heater or lamp load. An external current transformer may be used to extend the range of these products (for more information, read our KnowledgeBase Article).
Choose the type of mounting configuration required for your application and then select from a variety of functions, time delay settings & output configurations:
- Plug-in: used with 8 or 11 pin octal sockets. Allows for easy replacement without having to remove any control wiring. Macromatic sockets can either be mounted on 35mm DIN track or to the panel with two screws. All Macromatic plug-in current sensing relays are UL Component Recognized & also UL Listed when used with the appropriate Macromatic socket.
- Encapsulated: These products have an encapsulated construction for protection against harsh environments. They are easy to mount with two screws and use 0.25″ quick-connect terminations for easy wiring. All Macromatic encapsulated current sensing relays are UL Component